The disorganizing crew for QuinkFair takes the health and safety of our participants (and ourselves) seriously, and in 2021 this includes implementing some pandemic related precautions. We also recognize that, as an event that welcomes kids and families, at least some of our attendees are unable to be vaccinated and it was important to us to design a policy that permits their attendance. After much discussion our policy relating to Covid-19 is “vax or test.”
There are two options for attendance- proof of covid vaccination or proof of a recent negative Covid-19 test. If you are unable or unwilling to meet either of these policies, you will be unable to enter the event. Additional precautions including hand-washing stations, ways to signal social distancing desires an individual has, and other precautions will be taken throughout the event. Masking policies, distancing, and other guidelines are still in development and may change based on the situation at the time of the event, including if any new state and/or local requirements and/or restrictions are in place.
Details of the “vax or test” policy
- Fully vaccinated adults and fully vaccinated youth 12 and over are not required to be tested before arrival, but must provide proof of vaccination PRIOR to your arrival at the event. Please note, “fully vaccinated” means at least 14 days have passed since your second dose of a 2 dose vaccine, or your dose of a single dose vaccine. Attendees must provide proof of vaccination in advance– a photo of their vaccination card, or show their vaccination card to a disorganizer in person or by video call (zoom, facetime, etc) before arrival.
- Non-vaccinated people must submit a negative covid test, with the sample taken less than 72 hours prior to the start of the event (which means a sample taken after Tuesday Sept 28 at 10am). Participants should take precautions between the test and arrival at QuinkFair, which may include avoiding large indoor events and/or wearing a mask when in public indoor spaces. Proof of a negative test can be provided at the gate since the turnaround time is tight. We require molecular tests, such as PCR or NAAT (sometimes called ID NOW). Caution: Some PCR molecular lab test locations can take 5 days (or more) to get results. A rapid molecular NAAT test (sometimes called ID NOW) generally returns results in 1-2 days. You must have written (or emailed) proof of a negative result. ONLY lab run tests are accepted “at home” diy tests such as the Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Antigen Self Test are not.
You can get information about free testing sites near you at:
- Your state’s or county’s health department website, you can find most local health department contact info here
- Quest Diagnostics – https://patient.questdiagnostics.com/no-cost-covid-test
- Walgreens Drug Stores – https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/covid19/testing?ban=covidfy21_newtestingpg_heroban
- Health and Human Services – https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/community-based-testing-sites/index.html
Anyone who has symptoms should stay home, regardless of vaccination status or if you have previously tested positive for COVID19.
COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness or even death. There is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place where people are present. Although we have put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 at QuinkFair, we cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed to or contract COVID-19 while at QuinkFair.
By attending QuinkFair, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19, accept full responsibility for any injury to yourself or your child(ren), and release QuinkFair, Camp Contact LLC, and the event organizers from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of or related thereto. You understand and agree that this release includes any claims based on the actions or omissions of QuinkFair, Camp Contact LLC, its owners, affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, contractors, agents, and representatives.